Friday, April 3, 2009

To my graduating sisters...

I have noticed lately that many of my Sage sisters who are about to graduate are worried, stressed, and panicked about the question "what will I do with the rest of my life?" I wish I had a crystal ball to show that you are all going to do well in life and be happy if you allow yourselves the luxury of trusting in you.

If I have learned anything from life it is that success is where preparation and opportunity meet. Those of you who are about to embark on the next phase of your life have done the preparation and your opportunities will come. I have also learned that you do not have to know right now what you want to do with the rest of your life. Life is a journey, not a destination. Jobs are listed on your resume as "experience" because they are exactly that, experiences. I have lost count of how many jobs I have had in my life but I know that I learned something from each of them and I met a myriad of people from whom I learned very valuable lessons.

I still don't know exactly what I want to be when I "grow-up" either, but I am glad about it because learning is what I love and I always worry that if I have "all the answers" will I run out of questions? If there are no more questions to be answered then what is the point of living?

I know I have a destiny and if I take my hands off the wheel just a little my path will show itself. And believe me, those words are from a complete control freak. I understand your worries, but trust me, you will be the Woman of Influence you are meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment